Course: Cobble Beach
Location: Kemble, ON
Length: 5035 to 7174 Yards (Six Tee Decks)
Driving Range: Yes
Practice Area: Yes
I hope I can do this course justice with my review, it was incredible; one of the best golf courses I have played in my entire life. Whether it made it to #1 in my rankings, you’ll have to wait and see, but suffice to say I LOVED this golf course.
First things first, the par-3 17th is breathtaking. Every single hole on this course has a view of Georgian Bay, but this is where everything comes together. I was literally at a loss for words as I stepped up to the tee box. I took a few pictures and a video, but these don’t come close to doing it justice. If I had a par-3 ranking, this would surely be at or near the very top of the list.
That’s not to take away from the rest of the course, and actually the entire property, though. As you’ll see below, my list of pros is much longer than the cons, but before getting to that I can’t say enough how highly I recommend a trip out here to Cobble Beach. You may have seen the Bob Weeks commercial for it on TSN about a million times, but I promise it will exceed any expectations you may have. Whether you’re coming up with some buddies or taking a vacation with the family, Cobble Beach is an absolute must for anyone in the GTA and has all the amenities outside of just golf to appeal to just about any one.
- Tailored to every skill level of golfer. With the way the course has been set up and a number of tee box options, this course possesses the rare balance of one that if you play well and smart, you can score really well, but if you’re having an off-day or make bad decisions, your score will add up quickly. This would be a fun track to play every day for just this reason.
- Some of the fastest and most well-maintained greens I have played. Countless times players in our group ran putts further by the hole than where they started from, which created an extra layer of difficulty and strategy that I loved. That being said, I’m a guy that loves fast greens, so this may not be a plus for everyone
- Immaculate clubhouse, driving range and practice area. I could spend all day hitting balls and practicing on their various putting greens and short-game areas, followed by a drink or dinner on their patio overlooking Georgian Bay and the 18th green.
- As I’m doing more of this, one of the main things that separates the “elite” courses is (somewhat ironically) the little things. And they nail them here. Things like: manicured tee boxes, unique tee pegs, gps and coolers in the golf carts, good signage/directions between holes, and multiple restroom facilities on the course, they create a great experience from start to finish
- Despite this being the first time I’ve ever stepped foot on the property, this place somehow felt super comfortable and inviting; almost homey. There was also a bit of an East Coast vibe with the water constantly in view and the lighthouse features.
- Great par 3’s. Usually I’m not a guy that likes par-3’s very much, but they are all picturesque and unique here.
- Cobble Beach offers a quality mix of long holes, short holes, elevation changes, natural use of the landscape, and no two holes are the same; something very rare these days. Just such a fun course to play
- Really nothing to complain about. If I had to completely nitpick, there was a bit of a backup with getting golf carts and the first tee situation was a tad hectic due to this. Given the COVID conditions however, wherein most people take single carts instead of doubling up, this is an extremely common and acceptable thing to happen. As I said, I had to really dig deep to find any little fault
Course Conditions – 9.4
Difficulty – 8.7
Amenities – 9.2
Design – 9.4
Fun – 9.0
45.7/50 or 91.4%
Scroll down to see if we have a new #1
My *NEW* Current Top-5 Courses
To see my full list of course rankings, click here
If you’d like me to review your course/product, discuss advertisement or sponsorship opportunities, or have any feedback, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org